Brentwood Glen Community
Brentwood Glen, originally named the "Ratteree Tract", is a unique little neighborhood that people often refer to as a "hidden gem." There are approximately 560 homes, duplexes, triplexes, and apartment buildings, which line the 12 blocks from Sunset Boulevard to Waterford Street. Stepping into BW Glen is like going back in time to the days when children played in the front lawns, neighbors borrowed milk and sugar and people took walks and knew each other's relatives and dog's names. All of this still occurs in this quaint little neighborhood in the middle of West Los Angeles. The strong sense of neighborhood pride is seen through the maintenance and improvements of the homes and the activities and clubs started by the residents in BW Glen.
There is an annual "Beautification Day", similar to an old-fashioned fair, where a street is closed off in the middle of the Glen and a live jazz trio plays, children ride ponies, chicken and ribs are grilled on a BBQ, plants are sold, and other family related activities occur. There are Wine and Cheese parties at the neighborhood church to welcome the new residents, a Kid Konnection, a Pet Connection, Berwick Buddies, a Neighborhood Crime Watch, a Garden Club, and an annual garage sale which all keep the community connected.
Many homes are being built/rebuilt in BW Glen, mostly 2-story with approximately 3,000 - 4,000 square feet. Families who bought in BW Glen and have outgrown their homes are opting to add a 2nd story or to remodel completely to give them 4+ bedrooms, a gourmet kitchen/family room ("great room"), and a large master suite, without having to leave the neighborhood. Driving down the streets of BW Glen you will find a sweet little 1,400 square foot home typically built in the mid 1930's- mid 1940's next to a larger, newer, 2-story home which adds to the charm of BW Glen.
BW Glen Community Blog: brentwoodglen.blogspot.com
Your Community - connected
• Neighborhood News
• Yellow Pages
Brentwood Glen Organizations:
- Brentwood Glen Day Organizing Committee
- Garden Club
- Berwick Buddies - Neighborhood Preschool
- Kid Konnection - Provides you with a list of names for the babies & children in the neighborhood, along with age, phone number & street, excluding addresses. This is a confidential list available only to residents with children. Please call Deborah Price at 476-9590 for further information.
- Neighborhood Garage Sale Organizing Committee - Utilizes the basic principle of Conservation of Energy, loosely translated as "One person's trash is another person's treasure."
- Pet Connection
- G.L.O.W.S. (Glen League of Women in Service) No longer active
Zoned Schools Include:
Kenter Canyon Charter Elementary School
Paul Revere Charter Middle School
Palisades Charter High School - for Kenter Canyon and Paul Revere graduates
University Senior High School
BW Glen MAP
BW Glen Church
BW Glen LA Times Article
BW Glen Beautification Day '09
BW Glen Beautification Day '10
BW Glen Halloween Pumpkin Day '10